This was our second year hosting New Year’s Eve and our family always has so much fun at my photo booth station. This year, I created mustache and bow tie photo booth props that were super easy and inexpensive! Here’s how to make DIY booth props on a stick:
- Mustache, bow tie, kissy lips, and other templates – Follow my Pinterest board of free templates here.
- Wooden sticks
- Thick paper – I used matboard paper, but card stock works just fine
- X-acto knife or scissors
- Hot glue gun
Step 1: Print Photo Prop Templates
I found a bunch of free templates for mustaches and bow ties on good ol’ Pinterest. I also found some kissy lips, glasses:
Or, just head to these awesome blogs/websites to get your free printable templates:
- Free Mustache, Bows, Glasses, Lips, and more photo prop templates from Kids Can Have Fun
- Free Mustache Printables from Tiffany Kelley
- Free comic bubble printables and other fun stuff props from Design and Paper
- Free Printable New Year Eve Photo Props from I Heart Nap Time. I think the 2014 sunglasses would also make great graduation photo booth props!
You can print directly on card stock paper, or just print them on regular paper so you can trace the shapes onto colored or patterned matboard or card stock.
Step 2: Cut out your props
This part is the most time consuming. I think it took me like 2 hours as I was watching the Breaking Bad marathon. LOL Use the scissors for the larger shapes and save the X-acto knife for the intricate details and that should cut down the time a bit.
Step 3: Adhere the wooden sticks to the cut-outs
Use a hot glue gun to stick the cut-outs to the wooden sticks. I placed the sticks right along the edge and tried not to let the top of the stick show above the cut-out. Give it a few moments to dry and they should be good to go!
Step 4: Strike a pose!
You can set up your back drop any way you like. I just hung some Christmas lights behind a white backdrop to create the sparkly glow. This year’s NYE theme was also “Twinning” so we had a ton of fun:
Fun stuff, huh? Let me know if you try creating your own photo booth props and how they turn out! I’m hoping to continue the tradition next year, so please let me know if you can think of any other cool photo booth ideas!
xoxo // gracielle.